Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Steveie Busch

by Aubrilynn
   This week, Aubrilynn interviewed the lovely local , Steveie Busch. A multi-faceted alt. model, who has been turning out constantly beautiful photographs. Also known under the name of Evie Cruz, she dabbles in a little bit of everything, from styling to sewing, she has made herself a self-sufficent model.
    A self-proclaimed craft master and lingerie enthusiast, Steveie Busch ain't nothin' to fuck wit'. She likes to shoot for many genres, including (but definitely not limited to): pinup, nude, commercial, fashion, fetish, glamour and beauty.
    If you're hoping to look up more of Steveie's work, you can find her through Facebook (Steveie Busch) or on Instagram (@spacevwizard). If you are looking to book a shoot with her, you can email her at steveiebusch@gmail.com. Go to her Facebook page for more information on booking shoots.

Aubrilynn: What was it that first got you into modeling?
Steveie: What I was in 6th grade I was asked to model with an agency.

Aubrilynn: Did you actually start modeling before you were 18, if so, have you noticed a difference in the demand for shoots?
Steveie: Yes, after turning 18 I was allowed to do a lot more. I was also more developed as a woman.

Aubrilynn: Have you felt any pressure to physically change to pursue modeling. What kind of changes?
Steveie: Yes, I have never felt tall or skinny enough.

Aubrilynn: Have you had any problems with nude modeling? (ie, assholes on Tumblr, because they suck.)
Steveie: YES! Oh my heck, internet bullying is such a big thing. I always get hate mail about how ugly my
 body is and what not.


Aubrilynn: Have you gone in the direction you were originally hoping? (Are you taking the type of photos you always wanted to?)
Steveie: Yes, I couldn't be happier!




Aubrilynn: You do a lot more than modeling, what are more of your focuses?
Steveie: I love styling hair and makeup for shoots. I am going to school to be a psychologist and work full time.


Aubrilynn: How do you typically prepare for a shoot?
Steveie: I am literally the worst at preparing for a shoot, most people work out and what not... And I'm all, "Can I have more pizza?"


Aubrilynn: Do you prefer to do your own styling or working with a stylist?
Steveie: I prefer to do my hair and makeup, only because I am very particular about how I look. BUT if I meet the right person, who knows exactly what I want, then I am so happy to have them.


Aubrilynn: A lot of models branch off to become photographers, would that ever be something you would be interested in?
Steveie: YES. I have done a few things, but I would probably only use film cameras.


Aubrilynn: Who are some of your favorite people to work with?
Steveie: Aubrilynn Braithwaite is my favorite HMA, and Marcus Salgado is my FAAAAAV photographer.


Aubrilynn: Have you found there to be a different dynamic in working with different photographers?
Steveie: Yes, some tend to be very pushy, while some are very laid back.


Aubrilynn: Typically, you would be laveled as an alt. model, do you feel that has made it harder to progress as a model?
Steveie: No, not at all. I love everything about being an alt. model. They are a different type of beautiful and I love that.


Aubrilynn: What is your favorite memory that you have experience due to modeling?
Steveie: Probably being able to travel because of it.


Aubrilynn: If you weren't modeling, is there another form of art you would be pursuing?
Steveie: Something to do with fashion. I love sewing... So something to do with that.


Aubrilynn: Have you had a lot of support from your friends and family?
Steveie: My friends, definitely. Family... Not so much.


Aubrilynn: Has modeling affected your day to day life at all?
Steveie: A few relationships have been ruined due to insecurities with my modeling. But other than that, no. Just more excitement!


Have anyone you'd like us to chat with? Suggestions are taken in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment